Southwestern Gynecologic Assembly
SGA 2017: “To Screen and What to Screen: What is the Answer?”
Friday, December 1st and Saturday, December 2nd, 2017
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Center, Texas
The Southwestern Gynecologic Assembly invites you and your company to exhibit at its 2017 annual meeting. Your support will help make the 52nd SGA meeting, the only local meeting of its kind, fulfill its commitment to advance education and patient care to obstetrician-gynecologists.
This year’s program, “To Screen and What to Screen: What is the Answer?” will be held Friday, December 1st and Saturday, December 2nd, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. UT Southwestern Medical Center is jointly providing this CME activity. This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
The meeting will be held at The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas-Campbell Centre, 8250 N. Central Expressway, Dallas, TX 75206. The hotel is near the SMU campus and ideally located at Highway 75 and Northwest Highway. There will be complimentary shuttle service to and from NorthPark Center which is a large enclosed shopping mall just across Highway 75. The center has over 235 stores and restaurants.
SGA 2017: “To Screen and What to Screen: What is the Answer?”
The purpose of the 2017 annual conference is to provide comprehensive updates on common screening practices encountered in Obstetrics and Gynecology, recommendations for the less common or more controversial issues, and information on new science and technology that may affect practices in the future.
The lecture content will help attendees understand and appropriately execute current screening recommendations for various conditions and diseases commonly encountered in practice. Not only will primary care topics be covered, such as domestic violence and cardiovascular disease in women, but we also hope to give guidance in demystifying current cancer screening guidelines including cervical, anal and colon. We will discuss long-term considerations in the management of transgender patients with both obstetric and gynecologic applications. Other obstetric content will include emergent infectious diseases in pregnancy and new innovations in radiographic evaluation for abnormal placentation. Surgical content will include topics such as vaginal laser rejuvenation, fertility preservation and ovarian tissue transplantation, and non-hysterectomy management of fibroids. We will discuss how to appropriately evaluate patients for these treatments as well as technical considerations when performing these procedures. The ethics lecture will discuss the effects of legislating access to abortion and family planning. Although not included in the theme of screening, this topic is ever-pertinent to the practicing obstetrician gynecologist. Overall, the conference lectures are aimed to provide attendees with a large breadth of information that is exciting, practical and relevant in today’s practice.
SGA’s 2017 Program Chair, Stephanie Chang, MD, FACOG, Assistant Professor, Division of Gynecology, Associate Residency Program Director, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, is in the process of inviting well-known faculty to speak.
Below is a list of speakers confirmed to date. Please note the speakers’ topics as listed below. The actual lecture title may be different.
- Jeanne Sheffield, MD, Director, Division of MFM & Professor of Ob-Gyn, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Baltimore, MD - "Perinatal Infection Screening Update"
- April Bailey, MD, Assistant Professor Radiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX - "Radiologic Screening for Morbidly Adherent Placentation"
- Cheryl Iglesia, MD, Director, Section of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery MedStar Washington Hospital Center, Professor, Departments of Ob-Gyn and Urology, Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C- "Vaginal Laser Rejuvenation - Who, Why and How"
- Kimberly Kho, MD, Associate Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX – “Evaluating Uterine Fibroids for Non-Hysterectomy Treatments”
- Sherman Silber, MD, The Infertility Center of Saint Louis, MO - “Evaluation for Fertility Preservation and Ovarian Tissue Transplantation"
- Deepak Agrawal, MD, Associate Professor Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX - "Outdated Screening Tests That We Should Stop Ordering"
- Farshid Araghizadeh, MD, Professor General Surgery, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX - "Colon & Rectal Cancer Screening and Updates in Surgical Management"
- Jason Jarin, MD, Assistant Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX - "Long-Term Management of Transgender Patients"
- Sharon Reimold, MD, Professor Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX - "Cardiovascular Disease in the Female Patient"
- Teresa Darragh, MD, Professor of Clinical Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, CA - "Cervical & Anal Cancer Screening"
- Jeffrey Peipert, MD, Chair, OB-GYN Department, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN - "Critical Evaluation of a Screening Test"
- Melissa Reilly, LCSW, Director of the Victim Intervention Program/Rape Crisis Center, Parkland Hospital, Dallas, TX - "Domestic Violence Screening"
Participants will leave this meeting prepared to deliver quality, medically sound patient care for 2017 and beyond.
If these lectures do not seem to specifically address your company’s primary or secondary products and/or services, the most important thing for you and your company to consider is that there will be approximately 250 OB-GYN practitioners in attendance at the meeting. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to present your company’s products and/or services one-on-one to many OB-GYN’s who may or more importantly, may not be aware of the products and/or services your company offers. Most OB-GYN’s attending the conference are practicing in the Dallas, Fort Worth and North Texas region representing about 800 physicians.
The following 2017 exhibit level fees and amenities are being offered:
- Platinum Level - $5000 – Friday, Dec. 1st & Saturday, Dec. 2nd from 8 AM – 4 PM.Includes Cocktail Reception on Friday until 7 PM. Also included is lunch Friday and Saturday for 2 company representatives, and your company sign. (A special rate of $4000 for Friday AND Saturday applies if the fee is received before Sept. 1st).
- Gold Level - $3000 – Friday, Dec. 1st from 8 AM – 4 PM. Includes Cocktail Reception Friday until 7 PM. Also includes lunch Friday for 2 company representatives, and your company sign.
- Silver Level - $2500 – Saturday, Dec. 2nd from 8 AM – 4 PM Includes lunch for 2 company representatives and your company sign.
- Bronze Level - $1500 – Saturday, Dec. 2nd from 8 AM - 12:00 noon OR 1 PM - 4 PM Includes your company sign.
Hotel information including exhibit area, rooms, dining, etc is being finalized and will be forwarded to you in the near future. SGA’s special room rate is available to exhibitors.
All exhibits will be just outside the meeting room on the 1st floor of The DoubleTree where the continental breakfasts and lunches will be set up. This allows representatives the opportunity to visit with the physicians attending the conference several times a day in this area.
Checks should be made payable to Southwestern Gynecologic Assembly and mailed to Kim McMillen, SGA Administrator, 7013 Allen Place Drive, Fort Worth TX 76116 with the attached application form. SGA’s Tax ID # is 75-1242473. Unfortunately, SGA is not set up to receive credit cards.
Information regarding the receiving and shipping of exhibit materials will be forthcoming.
All companies will have their name listed in the brochure and syllabus and on SGA’s website www.southwesterngyn.org.
Arrangements are being made for equipment and displays to be stored in a secure area overnight if necessary.
Due to the broad subject matter, we encourage you to share your exhibit space with other applicable divisions within your company.
Don't hesitate! Exhibit spaces fill up quickly. Contact Kim McMillen, SGA Administrator, by telephone, 817.929.1248, or email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know that your company is interested in exhibiting. Fill out and return the “Exhibit Application” to Kim a soon as possible and she will reserve an exhibit space.
We look forward to your company exhibiting at SGA’s 2017 conference. Program topics and speakers for the conference are determined solely by the Executive Committee and may not be influenced by commercial supporters.
Please contact a Finance Committee member or Kim if you have any questions or concerns. Attached, please find the Exhibitors Application form.
Thank you for your consideration.
Catherine Bevan, MD
Vernon Bodden, MD
Ashley Tovo, MD
Walt Evans, MD, 2017 SGA President and Former Finance Chair