Emily H. Adhikari, M.D.
Title: COVID-19 in Obstetrics: A Year Later
- Describe epidemiology and pathophysiology of COVID-19 – what we know 1 year after the pandemic began.
- Discuss the evolution of testing and management of COVID-19 in pregnancy and at delivery.
- Summarize major literature contributions and knowledge gaps looking ahead.
Arnold P. Advincula, M.D., FACOG, FACS
Title: The Changing Landscape of Surgery: Destruction, Reconstruction & the Rise of Robot
- Illustrate the changing healthcare landscape in specialties incorporating minimally invasive surgery such as gynecology.
- Examine the obstacles/threats and opportunities to utilizing innovative technologies such as robotics & other burgeoning advancements which have been transformative.
- Formulate opportunities to elevate the “surgical conversation” and avoid the extinction of progress made in gynecologic surgery.
Shena J. Dillon, M.D.
Title: Obstetrics Simulation: From Pastime to Prime Time
- Describe how obstetric simulation has changed over the past 20 years.
- Evaluate new simulation technology critically.
- Understand how obstetric simulation integrates into current healthcare systems and regulatory bodies.
Karin A. Fox, M.D., M.Ed., FACOG
Title: The Placenta Accreta Spectrum: Past, Present, and Future
- Utilize checklists to optimize care of women with the placenta accreta spectrum.
- Optimize antenatal imaging, PAS identification and antepartum care and planning.
- Utilize the FIGO Clinical Classification system to describe placenta accreta spectrum based on findings at delivery and discuss future efforts to standardize imaging and pathology findings.
Robert W. Haley, M.D., FACE, FACP *Ethics Lecture
Title: The Scientific Evidence on Climate Change and the Ethics of Skepticism vs Denialism
- Understand the scientific evidence that addresses the 4 questions on climate change.
- Distinguish between scientific skepticism and denialism.
- Review the measures that can arrest and possibly reverse climate change.
Anthony Johnson, D.O.
Title: Advancements in Fetal Surgery
- List the requirements for introducing a new fetal surgical intervention in human pregnancies.
- Identified fetal surgical interventions at are clinical proven as in utero treatment options.
- Identify interventions that are on the horizon.
Shannon E. Klucsarits, M.D.
Title: What’s Happening on the Other Side of the Drape – Obstetric Anesthesia in 2021?
- Understand current approaches to labor analgesia, including analgesic adjuncts to neuraxial analgesia.
- Platelets - how low can we go?
- Discuss approaches to post-cesarean pain management.
- Evaluate postpartum headache and understand the long- term effects of post dural puncture headache and treatment modalities.
Jessica Lee, M.D.
Title: Genetics in Gynecologic Cancers: Evaluating the Past, Present and Future Directions
- What is known about various genetic variants that predispose individuals to gynecologic cancers.
- How these genetic variants currently impact screening strategies for gynecologic malignancies.
- How knowledge of genetic variants will impact gynecologic cancer screening and treatment options in the future.
Melissa Mauskar, M.D.
Title: Vulvar Dermatology Essentials
- Recognize, describe, and diagnose common vulvar dermatoses.
- Expand upon treatment toolkit for vulvar skin conditions.
- Apply basic principles to diagnose and treat complex cases.
Laurence B. McCullough, Ph.D. *Ethics Lecture
Title: Ethical Challenges in Contemporary Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Define key components of professional ethical in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Apply these key components to the clinical challenge of maternal opiate addiction and neonatal abstinence.
- Apply these key components to research challenge of altering the human genome.
Bruce A. Meyer, M.D., MBA
Title: The Future of OB/GYN: The Economics of Private Practices
- Describe the current composition of OB/GYN private, university-based, and hospital-based practices in the United States.
- Describe the economic barriers that OB/GYN practices are facing pre- vs. post-COVID.
- Describe how the OB/GYN private practice model will change over time.
Charles E. Miller, M.D., FACOG
Title: Isthmocele 2021 – What Should We Know & What Should We Do?
- Define isthmocele.
- Describe symptoms related to isthmocele.
- Describe techniques to diagnosis isthmocele.
- Outline current hysteroscopic and laparoscopic treatment regimens for isthmocele repair.
Title: Changing the Paradigm for the Treatment of Missed AB – Hysteroscopic Evacuation
- List four types of treatment
- Discuss the advantage of hysteroscopy over uterine curettage for the management of RPOC.
- Discuss the risk of adhesions post uterine curettage for the treatment of missed ABs.
- Discuss the advantage of hysteroscopic evacuation of missed AB versus expectant management, medical management and suction and & sharp curettage.
William Rayburn, M.D., MBA
Title: The Sub specialization of Obstetrician-Gynecologists – Should We Be Concerned?
- Estimate which proportion of resident graduates are pursuing fellowship training.
- Compare whether trends toward specialization in Ob/Gyn is similar to other specialties.
- Debate whether more sub specialization is the right direction of our discipline.
Rebecca G. Rogers, M.D.
Title: Sexual Function in women with pelvic floor disorders
- Review impact of pelvic floor disorders on sexual health.
- Describe how we measure sexual health in women with pelvic floor disorders.
- Review how treatment of pelvic floor disorders impacts sexual health.
Yoel Sadovsky, M.D. *Luis Leib Lecture
Title: Pregnancy Health: From 9 Months to 90+ Years
- Understand placental injury and adaptation, and their impact on fetal development.
- Describe placental-maternal-fetal communication.
- Have deeper insights into pregnancy health as a prelude to lifelong health and wellness